Saturday, March 10, 2007

Old Love

This free verse poem is for a great friend of mine.. who once fell in love.. but was never loved back.. She sure will find her one great true love...

Old Love... Old Love..

Old love.. t'was gone..
Old love.. nowhere to find..
Old love.. where are you now?
Old love.. he was never mine..
Old love.. broke my heart...
Old love.. I waited..
Old love.. you never got back..
Old love.. we gave each other promises..
Old love.. left broken promises..
Old love.. hurts...
Old love.. no time..
Old love.. we were afraid to fight for our love..
Old love.. wasn't the right time..
Old love.. t'was a struggle..
Old love.. was kept secret...
Old love.. you belong to someone else..
Old love.. you can't love me too..
Old love.. why not?!
Old love.. i can never be yours.. and you can never be mine...
Old love.. no more..
Old love.. t'was all gone...
Old love.. i once loved you... no more second chance....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful, did you write that? If so, you are good woman! Thanks for coming by and meeting my family. Have a lovely weekend.

Lei said...

this was a great poem.. i was put in a position where I saw someone from my past and i was glad that like your friend I was able to tell that person Goodbye and Have a Great Life

Viamarie said...

Am visiting via Photo Hunt and I find this poem beautifully written.

Cheers!