Friday, March 9, 2007

bad boy -- Na-ah!

Lately, I am worried about my kiddo.. Not because he is sick and/or not feeling well but becasue he is doin' a not so good stuff that he probably doesn't know is bad..

He has learned the art of hitting.. yeah, he hits mommy, he hits big daddy, he hits the grannies, he hits the nanny.. he hits his playmates.. he just hits everyone!

Whenever he likes somethin' and you will not give it to him, you sure will get a slap!

Whenever someone asks him to behave, that person would surely get a slap..

and when he is havin' fun and if its laughin' time, he still slaps.. waaaaaaaaahhhh!

How can I make him stop doin' that? one time, when he hit me, Am telling you it was hard.. I yelled at him and told him to behave.. (am such a bad mommy..) and guess what.. kiddo behaved but soon after that, i got another slap.. Waaaahhh!

Where did he learn this? Nobody taught him to do it.. Did he learn it on his own... Am afraid that he'll get into the habit of hitting others.. He isn't a bad baby.. I know.. How can I stop him from doin' it???

Help me..

4 comments:

Judy said...

What I would do is EVERYTIME he hits, take his hands, hold them, look in his eyes and very seriously tell him "NO, that hurts." It will take a while... and don't give in and smile about it, because things that are "cute" at one age stop being cute when they are older. But, be consistent and he will get the message that it's not fun. And everyone has to do it. Otherwise, if people laugh about it or pass it off, he's going to think it's just a game.

Lei said...

i agree with Judy.. does he watch TV? maybe he learned that on tv..i guess he must have picked it up somewhere

Unknown said...

No worries there Zha ... it's very normal ... tornado does it too ... when he gets real excited, he hits us ... to much excitement I guess .. .we did that before as well, yelling at him but I learned that the best way to make it stop is to ignore him. When he slaps you, ignore him. Push him gently away from you and totally ignore him or leave him. Afterwards, hold his hand and tell him straight to his face "NO!" What you are doing is bad. Say sorry to Mommy."

THey call it ignoring the bad behavior. See, when we react to what they are doing, they love it. You could be mad and screaming like a bashee or clapping and cheering and they take it as encouragement. so, ignore and talk to him calmly. It's hard but it works. I've been a bad mommy too so I know how you feel.

Anonymous said...

All of our kids hit. The two oldest know better and get time-outs. Our youngest is 18 months and sorta of knows. My wife says "No!" in a very firm tone and the toddler stops what she is doing most of the time. When she doesn't, my wife picks her up and moves her to another location and starts crying.