Saturday, February 10, 2007

Love Thy Children

"Do you always love me mommy?"

Not all children can and would ask this question.. But for sure all children want to have assurance that their parents would love them not only when they do good but also during those times they commit mistakes..

If our love is just manifested and based on our children's achievements, our children won't be true to themselves and to us.. This can have an effect on his personality, character and self-esteem..
As parents, we have to show our children that we love 'em not only when they achieve somethin', when they receive honor/recognition in school and when they get high grades.. When our children commit mistakes, fail, need improvement, get high with drugs, get pregnant at a very young age.. this is the perfect time to make 'em feel we love 'em..
This is loving our children unconditionally..
God, our father loves us unconditionally.. Pass it on to our children.. ------
I've decided to regularly post an entry about parenting.. I am tagging this as Parents 101.. Hope my entries would help us moms, dads to be great parents..
Bein' a mom and/or a dad is indeed the most challenging and rewarding career in this whole wide world! Agree??!

5 comments:

Mirzade said...

lovely...i hope all parents could do that...
Maya

Taya @ Delightful! said...

I agree 100%! This is very important for children I think and I don't even have any yet! Thanks so much for your wonderful tips for my wedding! There's so much to think about!

Judy said...

You are completely right about loving your children no matter what. That's one thing my children (who are now grown) tell me all the time... I never made them feel like I loved them less, even when they screwed up. And, because of that, we're still close even though they live three states away. Keep it up, girl!

Anonymous said...

What a great post. I totally agree with you. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Thanks for visiting my site. Thought I would come check out yours. You have a cute little guy there. I have raised both of my children and now get to love on my granddaughters. See you later