Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Multiple! Multiple! Multiple!

Heya! This blog should've been posted a week ago... but as usual, I've been so-so busy working.. I think I mentioned on my previous entry that I was scheduled to arrange my papers for a US Visa interview.. Whew! Here in our country getting approved for a Visa is like winning in slot machine! Hhahahah! I would say, that there is a very little chance to get approved.. Regardless of job, earnings, properties owned, money in the bank, marital status etc..

Anywhooo, last July 17th I was scheduled for an interview.. Though, the company sponsored my application, I mean is backing up my application.. I still felt so nervous and stressed.. Probably I was just too scared to be the first one in the company to get denied for an entry in the US.. My schedule was at 7:15am.. As instructed, I needed to be at embassy an hour before my scheduled time.. so.. there I was around 6am.. (i was with 2 other colleagues) fallling in line.. a very long line... Upon entry, my papers were checked.. I was given a number ... 2105.. The clock was ticking.. and my number hasn't been called yet.. Argh! coming from work.. no sleep.. hungry.. nervous... everything! I wanna throw up! honestly!!! hahahhaa!

2015.. Ding! that's my number.. had my fingers scanned... went to the interviewing lobby... 2015! ding! window 4... i was standing in front of the consul.. (i felt that my knees were shaking..) hahahha.. but i pretended to be so relaxed...

CONSUL: why do you want to go to the United States? (this is the most famous question)
ME: I am a project head for a service to sales project which we would be piloting here Manila for... (our company)... I would need to see how our US counterparts do the business so we can start it right here..
CONSUL: Are you married?
ME: yes!
CONSUL: Where does your husband work?
ME: he works in a call center here as..._________
CONSUL: do you have children?
ME: i have one lil kid..
CONSUL: Congratulations! Your Visa got approved! Proceed to Delbros to arrange its delivery..
ME: thanks!

I was expecting that I'd get a business visa type (B1).. After 2 days... I got my passport/visa... and guess what?! They gave me multiple entry to the US for 10 years having business visa (B1) and pleasure visa type (B2).. Yehey!!!!!

I am so happy! Thank God!!! Wheeeeeeee!

No comments: